VENDOR NEUTRAL ARCHIVE (VNA) and PICTURE ARCHIVING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM (PACS), European CE mark, and in the USA: certified as a medical image communication device (class 1 Exempts, Sec. 892.2020) for multimodal DICOM images and the new DICOM-VL Pathology images. Try the ONLINE DEMO.
At the core of Kanteron PACS there is a robust standard DICOM implementation with DICOM Storage, DICOM Query & Retrieve and HL7 services amongst others, as well as the required interfaces to provide storage, retrieval and work-flows to the healthcare industry.
Developed in Java, these tools offer an exceptional performance and allow portability to any platform. KANTERON PACS uses JBoss as applications server, due to advantages such as servlets engine, JMS and EJB, assuming the role of several IHE actors that assure its interoperability.
KANTERON PACS supports different platforms (both hardware and software), so it can be installed in virtually any pre-existing architecture and operating system configuration available in your organisation. That is the Free/Open Source Software paradigm.
- Integration in IT infrastructures: KANTERON PACS is based on standard and well known data bases (MySQL, Postgres) which makes it very easy the integration with pre-existing RIS (Radiology Information System) and HIS (Hospital Information System) even if it is based on other data bases (Oracle, etc.).
- Open Source: when you purchase KANTERON PACS, you become the code’s owner and, as such, you can use it in any way you wish, and modify it if necessary, not being tied to a single provider.
- Without restrictions of any type: limitless users, connexions, modalities, images, devices, files…
Kanteron CORE PACS configuration option
Amongst other Kanteron CORE PACS functionalities you can find:
- DICOM storage service: it can store any type of DICOM (3.0) object to standard file systems, with compression if needed
- Supports multiple transfer syntaxis, and compression from image without compression, to loss-less and lossy compression. Therefore, with Kanteron PACS it is possible to have different structures and phases in a daily work-flow, assuring data coherence and security regarding image quality
- DICOM Query & Retrieve service: allows Query & Retrieve to and from the DICOM object storage by different non-exclusive criteria such as date, hour, name, modality, ID, etc., in order to send them to the corresponding DICOM node. Those queries can be done directly from the workstations (if supported, as it is the case in Kanteron’s WorkStation KDS)
- DICOM service: as DICOM node, it allows the reception and sending of studies, and it can manage multiple DICOM nodes (as many as needed, without any restriction or license requirements)
- Worklist: management and generation, and study availability notification
- Label studies as urgent, informed, or any other label, and images as “key images”
- DICOM Structured Report (DICOM SR): with report history, which can be exported to “.pdf”, “.xml” and “.html” with the corresponding selected key images
- HL7 service: integrated HL7 server that manages ADT, ORM and ORU messages
- Backup system: as easy as copying folders (with Postgres or MySQL database)
- Access control and administration: through a robust web browser interface that allows user management, establishing of different roles and permissions for each of them
- CD/DVD recording with DICOMDIR: in a single click, and including multiplatform light-viewer for viewing and processing images in almost any PC (volume, ROI, WL/WW, etc)
- High performance and scalability: design to be executed in mixed environments, allows an unprecedented scalability. If the database is configured in a SAN you will have a virtually limitless storage capacity
- Multiplatform (it can be deployed under Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, or any Unix Operating System and Hardware -as long as it meets the required technical specifications-)
Kanteron GLOBAL PACS configuration option
Kanteron GLOBAL PACS offers, in addition to the functionalities described in the KANTERON CORE PACS configuration, the following:
- Completely automated backup system
- Further DICOM services such as: MPPS, GPWL, MWL, hanging protocols, WADO and RID (web access to images, with their own unique URL)
- On-line multiplatform light-viewer: which allows viewing and processing (volume, ROI, WL/WW, CLUT, etc) images on-line – Multiple work-lists: with their corresponding control consoles
- IHE services: Integration of register and repository through XDS/XDSI, with managed environments (such as RIS/HIS), acting as secure node and providing a complete audit
- AARR: establishes media access controls (who, when, to what, etc)
- Automatic study autorouting: design and implement your own study delivery implementation based on your own needs, allowing even the creation of a distributed PACS with higher failure tolerance Hardware Due to its mutiplatform nature, our PACS solution is compiled over the hardware on which it is going to be installed, thus optimizing the performance.
Due to its open and standards-based nature our proposal is completely and unlimitedly scalable (through storage upgrades). Therefore, it can run in almost any pre-existing hardware infrastructure. It can even be set-up via secure cloud or as a service.